Professional Development

The selection process makes up less than 5% of an employee’s total tenure at your organization.  What are you doing for your people the other 95% of the time?  

Photo by Mark Mahan

According to Gallup, the U.S. hit a record high of engaged employees at 35% in 2019. The actively disengaged make up 13% of the workforce.

The remaining 52% of workers are in the “not engaged” category — those who are psychologically unattached to their work and company and who put time, but not energy or passion, into their work. Not engaged employees will usually show up to work and contribute the minimum required. They’re also on the lookout for better employment opportunities and will quickly leave their company for a slightly better offer.

Gallup says disengaged employees have 37% higher absenteeism, 18% lower productivity and 15% lower profitability. When that translates into dollars, you’re looking at the cost of 34% of a disengaged employee’s annual salary, or $3,400 for every $10,000 they make.

Lisk Associates has several Simple, Practical, and Valuable offerings to help you intentionally develop and engage your people. Click the Professional Development drop-down menu at the top of the page to find out more on our development offerings.